I love this time of year. The days are getting longer and there are crocus and cherry blossoms appearing. I just had my second Biznik article published. I’ve mentioned Biznik to you many times. It continues to be a great source of support, education, and business referrals for me. And yo may find it could also benefit you. My recent article is an orientation to how newcomers can benefit from Biznik. You might find it interesting: Do you invite and sponsor your networking contacts into Biznik?
Social Media Marketing including Facebook
Are you overwhelmed by all the social media options? Unsure how to make good use of them? I hear that a lot. In my effort to stay informed I’ve been watching and reading a lot. I thought I’d share a few of the best with you. Of course each resource is an “expert” using their video or blogpost to lure you into their business. Fair enough. A good model to emulate.
This article A Social Media Strategy for WordPress Users says “According to the numbers, over the past 12 months, the number of referrals from social networking sites to blogs has doubled. Social traffic is becoming more important than search traffic according to some. How do WordPress users adjust to this reality and exploit it to your advantage? The core strategy should be to embrace and focus.” So it’s not something we can ignore. This article is a quick read and offers ideas on how to use Facebook as a tool for dialog and brand promotion.
Last month I mentioned Facebook marketing strategies and best practices discussion. I mistakenly said it was a 3 minute video. Oops. I dropped the zero. It’s actually a 30 minute video. It’s worth watching if you have the time and interest. This is another, shorter video (12 min) that talks about the different options on Facebook (profile, page, group, etc). If you prefer to read, HubSpot offers an e-book (PDF) on Facebook Page Marketing.
Next issue…Squeeze pages and the marketing funnel.
Cool Tools, Tips & Resources
- Do you text? I don’t. But every now and then it’s the best way to get someone’s attention quickly. Now you can text, for FREE, without using your phone. Check out Joopz.
- If your website is based in WordPress, be sure you’ve updated to the newest version 3.1. Not only are there some great new features such as the admin bar and ability to easily link to internal pages, but it also protects you from security issues. I automatically update your WordPress for you if you’re hosted with me.
- Do your parents ever ask your for computer help? Mine do. Microsoft has posted this cool free site where you can choose simple video tutorials to email out. Check it out: Tech Support Care Package. You might find some useful info there for yourself too. I just sent a link on how to do a screen capture to a client. It’s easy and fun.
- Don’t get “sidehacked” when using Facebook over public WiFi. Here’s how to make FB secure with https: 1) click on Account in the upper right corner. 2) Select Account Settings. 3) On that page near the bottom, click on Account Security. The first option at the top will be Secure Browsing (https). Click that, then hit the blue Save button just below it. You’re done.
- Do you know what the “cloud” is? The term has become ubiquitous as has the use of the cloud itself. It simple means using tools on the internet instead of your computer. Do you use Gmail? If so you’re cloud computing. Last week Gmail went down. This is an interesting article about The Danger Of Becoming Too Cloud-Dependent
- And finally John Hayden is offering free webinars in the coming weeks on his Charity How To website: How To Employ The Dragonfly Effect to Create an Effective Social Program and The A to Z of Mobile Fundraising.
The office will be closed with limited email access April 15 – 25: Spring Break bicycling in Tucson.