- Spring is in the Air
- Newest project developed in WordPress
- Useful Resources
- Referrals Appreciated
Spring is in the air
Don’t forget to “Spring Forward” tonight! Loving the days getting longer. Around here spirng means getting out on the tandem bike and working less on the weekends. It also means it’s almost time for Spring Break. This year I’ll be off on a silent meditation retreat. From March 25-April 5 I will be away from phones and email. During that time you may contact my brother Ric at firstname.lastname@example.org if you have an URGENT technical issue.
Newest project developed in WordPress
I’ve been very busy developing websites using WordPress. This free OpenSource tool is the engine behind blogs. It’s also a great way to setup an entire website that allows you to take control of your content. The latest one I’ve just completed is for John McManus. He has a well-established family-owned shoe repair business and just opened a Viniyoga studio nearby. He had two separate do-it-yourself sites. I created one cohesive site with complimentary logos, printed business cards, flier and postcard and of course the website, which he can update himself. I’m also in the middle of another WordPress site that will go live soon. In addition to the ability for you to edit and control your site yourself, another advantage is that Google loves WordPress.
Another project in the works
Recently I completed a new logo for Terry Simpson, video magician. I’m just getting a website redesign off the ground based on the new logo. When it’s done it will feature a variety of his video productions including the “green-screen” transparent approach featured here.
- As you know I like sharing resources and great deals. Sign up at Give Away of Day and be notified of what software is being given away each day. Just download those that interest you. There are a couple of minor “strings”. You must install immediately and you do not get tech support or free updates.
- Dibspace is a free marketplace packed with incredible offers from merchants and everyday people who buy and sell with Dibits credits in the Greater Seattle Area. I got enough free credits from joining and attending one Dibspace event that I was able to get a free 90 minutes one-on-one fitness session using a Yamuna ball. Pretty cool. Check it out.
- Last issue I told you about Biznik, the online social networking that includes face-to-face opportunities and is FREE. I included links to some of their articles about Social Media Marketing. This time I thought I’d include a few more on related topics…
- And one last link that’s not from Biznik.. A YouTube video primer on Social Media in Plain Language.