I cannot believe the last time I wrote was in June! Where did the summer go? After a glorious week riding our tandem bicycle in Eastern WA & Idaho during July I’ve been keeping busy with projects. Here’s a quick summary of work completed recently:
- Word & Raby: a small press publisher’s new graphic identity and WordPress website with shopping cart.
- Forward First Publishing: a makeover from a commercial WordPress theme to a customized version of that theme.
- Kernes Consulting: first time site, included a graphic identity & business card using a QR code.
- Seattle Collaborative Law Training Group: using an existing logo, greatly expands and enhances the original site’s content and structure.
- The Herbalist: 128 page print book called Flourish! Just went to the printer this week. It’s the first big print job I’ve worked on in several years. It was great fun to be working with Herbalist’s owner and book author, Tierney Salter again.
Cool Tools, Tips & Resources
Because it’s been such a long time, I’ve accumulated a wealth of items to share. I hope you’ll find something useful in the list. I’ve divided them into Free Online Tools & Business Articles.
Free Online Tools
- Free email stripper Removes those pesky symbols and extra lines in forwarded emails.
- Hello Fax I gave up my fax years ago. This service also lets you send officially signed emails–for free (first 10). It’s an efficient and affordable way to send faxes (which are still necessary for most legal docs).
- WorkFlowy This is the coolest, FREE, work tool I’ve ever used. It’s an addictive, simple and FUN way to organize your life including your work and share any parts you want with others.
- TitanPad Similar to WorkFlowy in its ease of use, this one lets people work on one document simultaneously.
- Prezi: Create “game changing” presentations online.
- Five Easy Tips for Getting Referrals
- How To Make Quick Web Videos For Social Media With Your iPhone
- The Truth about LinkedIn 2-3 Degree Connections (and whether to ignore them or not)
- Facebook vs. Email: Which List Should You Build?
- Social Media Marketing – Why it might not be working for you!
- 10 Tips for Posting on Your Business Facebook Page
- Understanding how to get the most from Categories & Tags on your WordPress site
- What is Vook? (clue: video-book)
Office Closed December 17, 2011 to January 2, 2012
Please note, the office will be closed December 17 to January 2 to celebrate the holidays.
Wishing you a healthy & happy holiday season.